Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Romancing the Road - DAY 4!!!!


Dear Friends,
Well....I had great intentions of making it to the farm tonight though the tiredness over-rode the great desire to snuggle up with "little white kitty"!!!

Another interesting and enlightening day on this great journey. It became so clear that this trip is for the collective....meaning all of you!!! I hope you're taking a few minutes to read over the blog posts and share them with your friends. Would also love to see some comments or insights you may get after reading them!!

I over-nighted in Burlington, Colorado...near the Kansas border. It didn't dawn on me until I was trying to connect to the internet that I was staying at The Burlington Inn and the name of the farm I am going to is "Old Burlington Farm"!!! (side-note...the farm is WAY better!!!)

After crossing over into Kansas I was speaking with a friend on the phone and off to the south I noticed some interesting clouds forming. I hung up and all of a sudden the fog rolled in and I was totally engulfed in the fog!!! It lasted for awhile at which time I started thinking.....do we walk through our days with our heads in the fog? Sit with it and see what your shown.

Mid-day I was speaking with another friend on the phone and the topic of community came up. We were questioning on how to bring people into community, what is needed and where. At that point, I drove by a beautiful herd of Buffalo!! Talking about amazing, wise beings that love to be "in community"! A few more miles, here is a family of Llamas!!!!

Then came into a small town called Concordia, Kansas to gas up. Well, my car had other ideas. It chose not to start after filling up, so had to go and see if someone could give me a jump. Welcome Marvin.....my earth angel!! Marvin was a quiet older gentleman with an old Ford truck and he graciously came over to help me. Then after talking with my friend Philip, I decided to go and get some jumper cables of my very own. Stopped at Phil's Harley Davidson shop and talked with Phil!! Another sweet, gentle man that pointed me in the direction of CarQuest. He called CarQuest and asked the guys to take care of me! I shared with him that a dear friend of mine works for Harley Davidson in the Milwaukee area!! At that he said that I should ride!!! HA....(not in this lifetime!!)
Ok....are you still following me??

Then 3 blocks down to CarQuest!!! Two more earth angels that helped me out! I had my first lesson on how to clean the battery posts and cables!! I did mention to them that girls really shouldn't have to do this!! It got a nice chuckle from all of us. HA...that will be tomorrow's job!

So what did this show me.....Trust and Faith!!!
I saw this truck on the highway after I got going again. What a great sign!!

So I saw how the community works together in Concordia and also in the animal kingdom. I feel we can learn so much from all of them.
I was blessed with so many Hawks throughout the day, that I lost count.......20+!!!

Today, ask yourself: How can I become active in bringing community together?

The sunset was absolutely incredible. I was standing at the gas station (named--Wings America!) and the sun spoke volumes to me!!!

I will finish the road trip on Thursday. I am so grateful for the amazing messages and perfect weather conditions. Thank you to all of you.....I can feel you with me!!! I hope you're enjoying the trip.

So from Des Moines, Iowa......I bid you farewell.
I'll check in with you from my resting point of St. Charles, Illinois! Until then.......

All my love,
Jean Kowalski

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Jean for sharing your many insights as you travel to the farm. It is amazing how many signs are available to us when we just "look" for them.

    I love your question, "How can I become active in bringing community together?"

    The truth is that it doesn't fall on just one person, it takes each of us to make that effort.

    Sending you lots of love and LIGHT,
    D'Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks D'Marie.....
    YES!!! Hence the word "community"!! It takes everyone to do their part. Much love and gratitude to everyone that has stepped up and getting involved!!
    Peace,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete